Helpful Links & FAQ’s
ESS – Absence Management:
- Potential District Substitute (Licensed and Support Staff)
Do I Need to be Highly Qualified (HQ) in Order to be a Support Staff Substitute?
No, however if the opportunity becomes available you will not be allowed to substitute in the same building for more than twenty (20) days.
How Can I Become Highly Qualified (HQ)? – Educational Assistants Only
- Hold a Degree
- Complete 2-Years of College Coursework (90+ Quarter Credits)
- Take the Paraprofessional Certification Exam
Where can I take the Parapro Exam to become Highly Qualified (HQ)? – Educational Assistants Only
Education Service District 112
- For Scheduling Contact: 360-952-3409
Teachers Test Prep – Parapro Prep Classes
- Study Guides: https://www.teacherstestprep.com/parapro-study-guide
- Practice Tests: https://www.teacherstestprep.com/parapro-practice-tests
Key Praxis ParaPro Info and Resources
We recommend bookmarking this page (Ctrl+D or Command+D) so you can continue to utilize the info and resources below as you prepare for the exam.
General ParaPro Test Info Test Preparation Resources 2022 Test Dates Free Practice Tests Testing Center Locations Free Study Guides Testing Fees Online Prep (Our most popular prep service.) Overview of Registration Info One-on-One Tutoring Official Testing Service Website In-Person Prep Classes
Oregon Department of Education (ODE)
Oregon Education Association (OEA)
Oregon Educator Benefit Board (OEBB)
Oregon School Employees Association (OSEA)
Red Cross - Oregon Trail Chapter
TalentEd Recruit & Hire
Volunteer Background Check
Volunteer Background Check - Oregon Department of Education
Return form to the building secretary with payment (Check or Cash ONLY) at the building you wish to volunteer. (Please check with your building for price.)
- Criminal History - Verification of Applicants
W4 - How Do I Change My Withholdings?
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf Also, before officially changing your withholding did you run a preliminary calculation through the Employee Web Portal? Through the portal you will hoover on the blue/purple border over EMPLOYEE RESOURCES | COMPENSATION | PAY PERIOD (at the bottom of the page is a PAYCHECK CALCULATOR).
Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC)
- License Information: "Click Here"
Do I need to track CPD's in order to renew my teaching license?
- Depends on your license, refer to the letter TSPC sent you or check the FAQ's here.
- To enter your CPDs for licensure renewal refer to your PGA notebook, or access through the district Intranet. Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- For information concerning the PDU requirements specific to individual license types, please click here.
- This is the form for Verifying Attendance at Event for PDU credit. If you plan to attend an event that is eligible for PDU credit but the event does not provide a certificate of attendance, please fill out the top portion of this form and take it to the event. Request that an authority figure related to sponsorship of the event sign the form, verifying your attendance.