2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR REOPENING PLANS
Centennial School District (CSD) is excited to welcome students back to full-day, five-day, in-person learning this fall.
Our reopening plans prioritize the health and safety of our students and staff. All throughout the summer we’ve closely monitored and incorporated the latest state and local guidelines to our planning.
Our core safety practices demonstrate a multi-layered approach to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at our buildings and they are aligned with the Department of Health guidance and the Oregon Department of Education’s Ready Schools, Safe Learners Resiliency Framework.
For families who chose to be 100% remote, there is Centennial Virtual Academy (CVA).
Start of School:
- September 7: First Day of School for Grade 9
- September 8: First Day of School for Grades 1-6, 7, 10-12
- September 9: First Day of School for Grade 8
- September 13: First day of School for Kindergarten
Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan
Health and Safety Protocols
Students Riding the Bus
Communication Related to a Positive COVID-19 Case
Students and staff are required to stay home if ill.
Airflow and circulation
Cleaning and disinfecting
Another important mitigation effort is the COVID-19 vaccine for individuals eligible for the vaccine. CSD is continuing to build awareness about vaccine opportunities for our students, staff, and families. Per public health officials, the COVID-19 vaccine is essential in preventing COVID-19 related illnesses, hospitalizations, and death.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information from Multnomah County: https://www.multco.us/novel-coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-safety-and-development
- COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics: https://www.multco.us/novel-coronavirus-covid-19/upcoming-covid-19-vaccination-clinics
- The COVID-19 vaccine is also available through local healthcare providers and pharmacies.
- Oregon Health Authority Vaccine Information page: https://govstatus.egov.com/or-oha-covid-resources?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
As you may have heard, Multnomah County Health Department is hosting Back-to-School Immunization events in August to help with getting children up to date with required vaccines before school starts in September. Youth ages 12 and older and their families can also get the COVID-19 vaccine. Call 503-988-5558 to make an appointment. Find more information at multco.us/school/school-immunizations.
Required immunizations for school can be found here: Immunization Information - Multnomah Education Service District (multnomahesd.org)