VISION: Patrick Lynch Elementary supports the growth of the whole child through an integrated curriculum. Students gain a love of learning through differentiated, engaging, and relevant learning experiences which reflect students’ needs. As an inclusive diverse community, we provide a respectful, positive, and welcoming environment where all students are guided to meet their potential.
MISSION: We inspire all students to be academically and socially successful within a caring community.
Cohort A: Monday, Tuesday are in the building, mornings
Cohort B: Thursday, Friday are in the building, mornings
- If your student is not in the physical building, their school will be the following: (1) Music or PE; (2) Reading, English Language Development, or other special groups; (3) completing classwork independently at home online
Hybrid Learning Schedule:
8:35AM - School Doors will open
- Students will enter at different doors, by grade level, at the front of the building each day.
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the building with their students so that we can limit the number of people we have inside the building.
- We ask that you arrive between 8:35 and 8:50AM to ensure we have enough supervision outside the building to ensure safety measures are in place.
8:50AM - Morning Meeting Lesson begins
11:55AM - In-Person Groups Dismissed
12:05PM-1:05PM - Lunch & Wellness Break
1:05PM - Afternoon online instructional blocks begin
3:05PM - Afternoon instructional blocks end.
- All Classes are online
- Morning Meeting Begins at 10:30AM
Music, PE, Other Services: When students are online, in addition to instruction from their classroom teachers, they will also participate in Music, PE, as well as depending on their individual needs receive any services for reading, English Language Development, special education, and more.
**Each classroom teacher will be sharing detailed schedules with you.
Typical School Hours
- Classes Start: 8:30 AM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Wednesday late start: 10:30 AM
- Dismissal Time: 4:00PM, Daily
- Lunch & Breakfast Distribution: Mondays 10:30AM-12:30PM
Legal Custody/Restraining Orders
By law, if parents are legally separated or divorced, each parent has equal rights to the custody of the child/children UNLESS a parent has a court order that indicates which parent has custody of child/children. The school must have a copy of the court order or a restraining order on file, otherwise either parent may check the child out of school with proper identification.
Volunteer **In-person volunteers will be needed again post-pandemic.
Volunteers are an important part of our education team. We strongly encourage all our parents to become involved in the school and education.
- Background checks are REQUIRED for volunteering in the schools, including chaperoning field trips. The office staff will be happy to assist you with this process. The cost is $5 if you are able to pay. Please fill out our background form and turn in to the office if you are interested in volunteering at the school.
- Keep in mind background checks can take up to 2-4 weeks before we received them back from the Oregon Department of Education and volunteers should be cleared before they can volunteer and chaperon. So it is important to complete ahead of time.
School Closure Due to Inclement Weather
The Centennial district will inform families of school closures and changes in starting and ending times due to inclement weather by automated phone calls, television and radio stations. The following stations will make the announcements between 6:00 and 7:30 a.m.: KGW, KEX, KKJZ, KYXI, KXL, KINK, KWJJ, KWBY (Spanish), KB101, and KISN. Please do not call the school office to request this information.