Dear Centennial Community,
It is a pleasure and privilege to serve the district and community that supported me as a student. Given my connection with the district over the past 30 years, I appreciate the Centennial Community’s strong traditions and its increasingly diverse population of students and families.
Our district’s 750 teachers, staff, and administrators serve approximately 6,000 students at eleven schools, plus four partner schools. Centennial is unique in many ways, and I believe what distinguishes us is our ongoing dedication to provide our students and community with the exceptional educational opportunities they deserve.
Our mission is “Collaborating in Community ~ Cultivating Equity ~ Inspiring Excellence” and guides our five-year strategic plan, Destination 2023, focusing on four priority areas:
- Student Focused Teaching & Learning
- Healthy Culture & Environment
- Community & Partnerships
- Effective Systems & Programs
Equity is the foundation of this work. Each learner in Centennial School District will receive what they need to thrive in our schools, regardless of their circumstances. We recognize we still have much work to do to ensure that every student succeeds and are committed to reaching this goal.
The 2021-2022 school year will be both an eventful and an exciting one in Centennial. We will be undertaking several important activities connected to our Strategic Plan, including:
- Returning students to full-time, in person learning
- Progressing on bond projects, thanks to voters support of the May 2020 bond
- Converting Oliver Elementary into a middle school (Beginning Fall 2022)
- Moving 6th grade students to the middle school level (Beginning Fall 2022)
- Conducting a comprehensive review of all school attendance areas in our district
As we proceed throughout this school year, there will be opportunities for you to contribute input and engagement. We invite you to join us in our journey to provide an excellent educational experience for all Centennial students.